6.23.2010

Discouraged? Nah, I call it realistic.

Two of thy favorite websites are etsy.com and cutoutandkeep.com. The people on either website don’t normally talk about each other. One is a marketing/selling site, and the other is a sharing site.


I want to share something that I thought was especially appealing…well, to me at least. Someone on CO&K (oh yeah!) posted a thread about how overpriced all the products on Etsy were. Yeah, I suppose I agree. For the most part. But I do it because it is fun for me. I love trying to woo people and kick them outside of their “box”. But it also leads me to lower all of the prices in my shop. That is not a bad thing by any means. In fact, I should have done it earlier.

Here is the thing – people naturally think that they are special. Their parents, teachers, cartoons, etc have always told them that they are just that. Wtf? Harsh news – no, no you are not special. Maybe in the sense that you lick windows but that doesn’t count. Your products are not the best. You shouldn’t think that you can paint a neat picture and then sell it for $110 online. Then again – if you actually do sell them at a decent clip, you might be worth it. More often than not, our greed gets in the way and the free market kicks in.

Let’s drop it for a little while. Let’s humble ourselves and see how much better we can do in the end. I think the results will be stupendous.

With that said – most of my shop is on sale. If you think that the items are over-priced STILL, let me know. http://etsy.com/shop/magsamillion

Opinions are like @$$holes. Everybody has one, some are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment